/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Saturday, March 15, 2003

Back Home Again in Indiana


Spring Break. How strange it feels to not wake up facing papers, online quizzes and assigned reading. I might even have slept in this morning, had Drake not demanded to be let out. Nothing gets you up and moving like 100+ lbs. of panting shepherd-- and the spectre of cleaning up after him if you don't respond promptly.

The house is quiet. Bruce has gone to his Aikido class; Carolyn (and overnight guest Michelle) are still asleep, and probably will be for a while; and Kyle is caught up in the adventures of Spongebob Squarepants. Me? Well, after I finish this, my plan is to kick into Domestic Goddess mode: housecleaning, laundry, and then down to my sewing corner in the basement. The problem is that sounds much more ambitious than I feel right now, so I don't know what will actually get done, but we'll see. Then headed up to my sister's house this afternoon. Janice has been in serious home improvement mode, and I'm looking forward to seeing what she's finished. Ah, the neverending thrill of suburban life... at least for today, just what I need.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home