/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Wednesday, March 05, 2003

Ash Wednesday


I woke up this morning to the sound of the snow plow in the school's parking lot. We only got maybe 4 - 5" up here in Evanston, and my family reports a little less at home. As the weather mavens had been warning us of the potential for as much as a foot, this is a relief-- for all but the school children, who have to go when they were hoping to say home (actually, Kyle is an exception to this; Wednesdays are computer lab days for him, and he doesn't want to miss that).

This is a Quiet Day here at Seabury-- worship and devotional time, but no classes. I'll be spending some meditative time with fabric and patterns spread out on one of the big tables in the refectory. I'm beginning a chausible for a friend's ordination in April-- a privilege, and a joy. For me, sewing-- especially liturgical sewing-- is prayer time; God in my head, and in my heart, and in my working hands. I find it easiest to “pray without ceasing” when I sew. It's about as contemplative as I get.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home