/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Win an MRI for the Hi-Line

I read the following this morning, and I thought to pass it along. You don't have to live in Montana to help... and an extra click or two would be much appreciated.

Received an e-mail with information about how you - yes, YOU - can help Liberty County Medical Center win a brand-new MRI machine to serve their patients! Chester is a small community along the Montana Hi-Line, and is more than a hundred miles away from the nearest MRI. It serves a huge geographic region, covering north-central Montana and southern Alberta. Liberty is the ONLY facility in Montana to have made it to the “final round” of voting. Right now, it is ranked #15 (out of more 100 finalists!), and has an uphill battle against other, larger facilities - but if we can get hundreds of Montanans to visit Win An MRI and cast their vote for Liberty and Chester, we just might do it! You have to watch a brief (2-min) video and then you can click the “Vote” button, and then enter a five-digit code to validate your vote. And here’s the best part: you can vote once each day until the contest closes on December 31.

So please - visit Win An MRI and cast your vote for Liberty, Chester, and Montana - do it again tomorrow and the next day and the next day - and forward this to all of your Montana family and friends!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Voted, even though I don't live in MT. :-)

I saw a lot of communities I recognized in that list, but having been to some of the more densely populated areas of Montana and seeing the huge distances between major cities, I can see where an MRI in a less densely populated area would be a huge blessing.

December 13, 2007 10:10 AM  

Blogger Crimson Rambler said...

Just hypothetically wondering, could Albertans vote???

December 13, 2007 1:10 PM  

Blogger Jane Ellen+ said...

Mark: Thanks!

Crimson Rambler: There is a limit of one vote per computer per day, but I saw no restriction on a voter's location (Mark lives in HI, which is substantially further away than Alberta) or nationality. So, hypothetically, a Canadian vote should be welcome. Thanks for asking. (^_^)

December 13, 2007 6:25 PM  

Blogger Ecgbert said...

Done! A Christmas gift to Big Sky Country from ACBforP.

(I agree with 'Keep Christmas out of Advent!' and know it's not even Gaudete Sunday yet but best wishes all the same.)

I've had an MRI done only once and it was cool (good thing I'm not claustrophobic) but the doctor still couldn't get the diagnosis right: the technology is only useful in the right hands. After that I went to a good one who got it just by looking at me - the nerve test he ordered only confirmed it.

(BTW one year on the shoulder is still partially paralysed probably for ever but thanks to four months of physical therapy earlier this year it doesn't interfere with my life.)

It's still a marvellous diagnostic aid though.

December 14, 2007 11:27 AM  

Blogger Crimson Rambler said...

hurray! I cast my this morning and there were no sirens or flashing lights! I'll check in again tomorrow.

December 15, 2007 11:31 AM  

Blogger Jane Ellen+ said...

Thank you, one and all! It's on my daily agenda too, though I don't live near there (you may be closer than I am, Rambler). I'm grateful for help from the blogiverse. (^_^)

December 15, 2007 7:36 PM  

Blogger Crimson Rambler said...

So I Googled Chester MT to get some idea of just WHERE in that big state it is. My guess is that at present folks in that area go to Great Falls for MRI? and then I reflect that my grandparents were married in Great Falls, almost a hundred years ago...whooie!

December 18, 2007 3:25 PM  

Blogger Dawgdays said...

I've voted. A few times, in fact.

Now if I could only get an MRI (the procedure, not one for myself!)

December 20, 2007 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home