/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Birds do it, bees do it...

Actually, only the bees. Make honey, that is. And apparently they've been busy!

I got a phone call the other day from one of my parishioners, who lives on a spread just south of here. Seems that she and her husband know a beekeeper who keeps his hives on their ranch. He stopped by the other day and dropped off some of the fruits of his little friends' labors. "But there's more than we can use; would you like some?" I thanked her for thinking of us, and said we'd be delighted. We like honey on biscuits, and I use a fair amount in cooking, often preferring it to granulated sugar.

She said she'd bring us a container on Sunday.

I did not see it until we got home, as one of the kids took it from her and put it in the car. The "container" turned out to be a bucket. A bucket the size of my head.

I weighed it on the bathroom scale: More than TWELVE POUNDS of honey.

We are going to be eating an awful lot of biscuits.

1 Comments:

Blogger ymp said...

Honey, on biscuits. Suddenly I'm both hungry and wishing I had my own kitchen....

November 07, 2007 2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home