/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Saturday, October 22, 2005

". . . Willing and ready . . ."

Take my life, and let it be
consecrated, Lord, to thee.
Take my moments and my days;
let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands, and let them move
at the impulse of thy love.
Take my feet, and let them be
swift and beautiful for thee.

Take my voice, and let me sing
always, only, for my King.
Take my lips, and let them be
filled with messages from thee.
Take my silver and my gold;
not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect, and use
every power as thou shalt choose.

Take my will, and make it thine;
it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is thine own;
it shall be thy royal throne.
Take my love, my Lord, I pour
at thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
ever, only, all for thee.

12 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

I've been thinking about you today! Congratulations!

October 22, 2005 7:14 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...

Blessings to you!

October 22, 2005 8:29 PM  

Blogger Anna said...

Congratulations seems like such a weak word to use for something like this. I just read AKMA's sermon for you, and got chills to think about the way the Spirit has done a new work in one church in one town on one person - you - today.

You are holy, strong, filled with grace. And your people are blessed! Congratulations to you, your family, and your flock, and many prayers for your new ministry.

October 22, 2005 8:50 PM  

Blogger David said...

Again, sometimes, the church gets it right! This is such a day.
Wish I could have been there. You will never be the same.

October 22, 2005 10:04 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy wonderful blessed day!

October 24, 2005 2:14 AM  

Blogger Jules said...

Blessings and felicitations!

October 24, 2005 10:12 AM  

Blogger reverendmother said...

Ministry is the most wonderful job in the world.

Congratulations and rich blessings.

October 24, 2005 10:37 AM  

Blogger Theresa Coleman said...

Blessings upon your and your congregation -- and congratulations!
{{hug}} (Methodists like to hug)

October 24, 2005 3:39 PM  

Blogger Sophia said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Blessings now and always.

October 24, 2005 8:41 PM  

Blogger mibi52/ The Rev. Dr. Mary Brennan Thorpe said...

Blessings and felicitations!

October 25, 2005 4:29 AM  

Blogger Dawgdays said...

Finally thought to check out the pictures - they're great!

October 27, 2005 5:58 PM  

Blogger Kathryn said...

I am sorry to come to this so late....looking at your photos and reading your post reawakened the huge sense of gift that I experienced at my priesting in July. Many blessings to you for all your future ministry.

October 28, 2005 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home