Here are the rules…
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
So: random facts/habits?
- Construction on the Berlin Wall began only a few days before I was born-- in fact, my mother said, on the day I was due (I delayed my arrival, apparently preferring a less significant birthdate). This resulted in my father spending the first year of my life in Germany, as part of the U. S. peacekeeping forces there. I am glad to have outlived it.
- My father's side of the family are all from a tiny town in Tennessee, and that heritage includes both abolitionists and KKK members. Please note that I was raised with the former ethos.
- My ancestry on my mother's side mentions Mary, Queen of Scots and Jesse James. Make of this what you will.
- I have one sister and one brother, and I am both the oldest and the shortest of the three. My husband is also the oldest child, with 7 younger siblings.
- We have 18 nieces and nephews (to date).
- I have an odd relationship with vegetables: given a choice, I usually prefer them raw. I especially don't care for cooked peas or carrots, and the commonly canned combination is an Abomination Before the Lord.
- I am not, shall we say, athletically inclined. Oh, let's be blunt: I am a klutz. Though I have not broken a bone in several years, there was a time when I seemed to make a habit of it. I am a far better scorekeeper and spectator than a player of most games.
- On the other hand, I do like working with my hands, and I'm not too bad at it. Sewing clothing and canning preserves are fun to do. So was building my sewing center, and laying our basement floor.