/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Six Weird Things About Me

So, Saturday is a day for playing games, and I got tagged.

Here's the rules: Post six weird things about yourself; then tag six people to do the same.

  • 1. If it's weird for Ref, then it's a weirdness we have in common: my wallet needs to be in order. Credit and ID cards each go in the same place, every time. The two sections of the coin purse are sorted into pennies and non-pennies. Paper money is right side up, face forward, and sorted by denomination from lowest in front to highest-- with receipts going at the very back.
  • 2. Music lyrics - they stick in my head. All the time. I will very likely not know a song title or artist, even if the song was famous for years; but if I've only heard it a few times, I can sing the whole thing, letter perfect. I could be a surgeon, if so much brain storage space wasn't taken up with lyrics.
    • 2b. If a tune does not have lyrics, I will make them up. And they may even have rhyme and meter.
  • 3. I am not a fussy dresser, but I am fussy about the way my clothing is cared for and stored. Clothing all faces the same way in my closet, and is sorted on the rod. Blouses face to the right, with the top button buttoned, and are separated thus: clericals, casual shirts and dressy blouses. Within each category they are sorted by sleeve length (sleeveless, short sleeve, long sleeve), and by color, light to dark. Jeans come next, then slacks (light to dark), skirts, suits and dresses. If I get in a hurry and they get out of order, it makes me twitchy.
  • 4. Parking. I am unnaturally good at it. No, I do not mean in the hormonal teenage sense. I mean:
    • (a) I have what my husband calls "the parking aura." This means I can drive into a crowded parking lot, and-- with rare exceptions-- pull into a spot very near the door. Even at the Big Box Stores in December.
    • (b) I can drive backwards almost as accurately as I can forwards. In fact, I prefer to back into spaces where possible, under the theory that I would like to be able to get out of trouble faster than I get into it.
  • 5. When I was pregnant with my daughter, I developed this... well, whether one calls it a problem or skill, I'm not sure. Quite bluntly... I can belch like a frat boy. Loud. It disappoints my son that I do not care to show off this talent in front of his friends.
  • 6. I do "mental math" very quickly. I'm no lightning calculator, but I can toss out accurate estimated totals, differences and percentages in about the time it takes to ask the question. And numbers will stay in my head almost as long as song lyrics. I can still tell you my high school boyfriend's phone number, even though it's been decades since I dialed it.

Okay... are you paying attention? Bruce, Cheesehead, Laurel, Ryan, Heather... and if I didn't name you and you want to put your name in the sixth spot, please do.

Oh, And Ref? We will need a date for a baseball game sometime-- and flowers aren't necessary. Chocolate also works.

5 Comments:

Blogger Reverend Ref + said...

2b: I prefer to park straight in when shopping as it allows for easier access to the trunk. Parking at games, however, requires backing in (you know . . . for that quick getaway thing).

April 15, 2007 7:02 AM  

Blogger Jules said...

Okay. I will try to do this later.

Lord knows I'm wierd enough for it!

April 15, 2007 10:02 AM  

Blogger Ecgbert said...

I will make them up. And they may even have rhyme and meter.

That talent would lend itself well to the Anglican pastime and art form of parodying hymns, which I can't really do but of course enjoy listening to very much.

No maths or belching skills here. Alas.

As for parking the car my cracked taillight (close encounter with a tree) says all you need to know.

April 16, 2007 7:45 PM  

Blogger LutheranHusker said...

Came here via Reverend Ref+, via Nachfolge...I played over at my blog.

April 17, 2007 1:05 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the invite, but there's simply nothing wierd about me (it's everybody else). And as for your clothing organizing: wow... just, wow. Okay, okay, I'll try to come up with *something*.

April 18, 2007 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home