/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Maundy Thursday

The Lord Jesus, after he had supped with his disciples and had washed their feet, said to them, "Do you know what I, your Lord and Master, have done to you? I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done."

Peace is my last gift to you, my own peace I now leave with you; peace which the world cannot give, I give to you.

I give you a new commandment: Love one another as I have loved you.

Peace is my last gift to you, my own peace I now leave with you; peace which the world cannot give, I give to you.

By this shall the world know that you are my disciples: That you have love for one another.

-Maundy Thursday liturgy, Book of Common Prayer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home