/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Okay, I'm done.

This is my personal blog, where I have for the past four-plus years posted musings both trivial and weighty, as the mood strikes me. It is not intended to be anything beyond that. Friends, family, and random passers by are welcome to read it or not, and comment or not, as they choose.

However, I will not tolerate vulgar, rude, or otherwise inappropriate commentary.

Yesterday's post, as you will notice, was an innocent piece of frivolity, nothing more. And yet, some vindictive soul (our old friend, "anonymous") chose to post a couple of comments that were ugly and sarcastic, and wholly inappropriate. Apparently the existence of a blog maintained by a moderate, female Episcopal priest is justification enough for vulgar attack.

I have deleted them, of course. People are not permitted to talk that way in our home, and that includes this little electronic annex.

I have also, after avoiding it for months, turned on the comment moderation. If you still wish to post a comment, please do. You are even still welcome to disagree with things you read here, if you feel inclined to do so. After all, it is in the tension of such that we all learn the most. However, if you cannot do so in a civil manner, then do not bother, because I will hit the delete key and not blink twice.

Please-- play nicely.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

I'm sorry you got trolled. I hope you keep writing.

March 13, 2007 9:42 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must be kidding. Wait, no. I know you too well, you wouldn't kid about this.

It was an online Bible quiz for crying outloud. It wasn't like you were debating same-sex unions or the possibility of a female Pope. And even then, nastiness is uncalled for.

And you know, now that I think on it, the poster was probably embarassed of him/herself too, otherwise why use the anonymous feature. So s/he can't even claim to think such behavior is right.

Gee whiz people, get a grip.

March 13, 2007 11:57 AM  

Blogger Sr. Heather said...

That stinks. People like to hide behind anonymity in cyberspace (look at me - hiding behind a pseudonym!), and they think that excuses dreadful behavior. The weenieheads. :-)

I'm glad you're being firm, setting boundaries, and most of all, continuing to blog for us here. Thank you!

March 19, 2007 8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home