RevGal Friday Five: Meeting up!
- 1. What would the meeting be like? (Continuing Ed? Retreat? Outside Speakers? Interest Groups? Workshops? Hot Stone Massages? Pedicures? Glorified Slumber Party?)
I'm with Songbird on this one: Primarily, lots of time to chat-- mixed in with spiritual prayer/renewal opportunities, and perhaps some common interest discussion group things. But not so tightly scheduled as to not allow for flexibility and breathing space.
- 2. When in 2008 might you be able to attend? January? Shortly after Easter? Summer? Fall? Some other time?
Spring, in the "downtime" after Easter, would be lovely.
- 3. Where would your dream meeting location be? (Urban Hotel? Rural Retreat Center? New England Camp? Southwestern Fantasy Hotel? Far away from civilization? Nearby Outlets or Really Great Thrift Stores?)
I have no particular preference, though non-urban tends to be better than urban, in my little world.
- 4. Who would make a great keynote speaker? (That's if #1 leads us in that direction.)
I'm more interested in the RevGal Meet & Greet prospect than I am in listening to a speaker, however gifted s/he may be. That said... perhaps someone like Kathleen Norris? Or golly... Katharine Jefferts Schori would have some things to say.
- 5. Did I leave out something you want to suggest?
Only plenty of advance notice, please! The clerical calendar fills up so quickly. . .