/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Monday, March 06, 2006

Catching up, and heading out again!

Okay, deep breath.

I have finally caught up with all the blogging I didn't take time to do while we were on vacation (Hey, can you blame me? Face it, sometimes corporeal reality takes precedence!). I've backdated them a bit, so as to correspond (more or less) with the days we were doing or seeing what's in the post.

We got back about midday last Saturday (Good news: the planes were all on schedule. Even if it meant we stayed in the cheap seats for 11 hours, that was fine with me) and spent the rest of the day napping and doing laundry and generally reaclimating.

This week we were all a little groggy for the first couple days, but otherwise we were home-- all the homework has been caught up, and we're back into the regular routine of school and church, friends and errands. Well, almost...

The day before we came back, I got an email from the head of the search committee at St. Hither. It seems that my background passed the necessary scrutiny, and we (this includes my resident clergy spouse) have been asked out for a formal visit and interview. Interviews, rather-- I will be chatting with (at the very least) the bishop, the cluster board, the current local priest, and goodness knows how many others.

As it turns out, between my work schedule and Bruce's, and fitting into the bishop's very demanding calendar, the best time for all of us is this week.

Ack!

With a little scurrying around to make arrangements (now you know where I've been all this time!), the trip has come together. We're going tomorrow! In addition to the interviews, we will get to visit the churches there, look around the towns a bit, and generally absorb fodder for discernment over whether we are called to come together as priest and parish. We'll also get to spend a little time visiting with the Rev. Ref. and his family. They live a few hours away from where we'll be, but we can't get that close and not make it over!

We leave in the morning at o-dark-hundred, and we'll get back in a few days. Please pray for us, that God's will in all of this will be made very clear, to us as well as to the good people of St. Hither's. It feels a bit chancy to ask for the Holy 2x4-- I've found God tends to take such requests seriously-- but this time it's a risk I'm willing to take.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great seeing you all, and I cannot wait until the next visit. We can hop islands then, and perhaps Moki can show you around Maui a bit, too!

With all the comings and goings it is good that this means both hello and goodbye:


ALLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHA!

March 06, 2006 11:51 AM  

Blogger Susie/Nueva Cantora said...

ACK! that is really fast. Well, less time to worry I suppose. Have a good trip, in every sense of the word!!

March 06, 2006 12:22 PM  

Blogger Dawgdays said...

Sounds like you had a nice trip. Thanks for sharing the pics! I hope this next trip goes well too.

(Oh, and skip the flight delays this time.)

March 06, 2006 3:22 PM  

Blogger Emily said...

I pray for you that whatever direction you are called, that it will be clear.

And thanks for all the photos of Hawaii--that was where we went on our honeymoon and we loved it. It brought back many nice memories to see your pictures.

March 06, 2006 6:57 PM  

Blogger Reverend Ref + said...

St. Hither's would be well-served by your presence. You are, as always, continually in my thoughts and prayers.

March 09, 2006 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home