/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Thursday, July 21, 2005

RevGals!

One of the joys of blogging, as I mentioned earlier, is the pure pleasure of getting acquainted with folks I'd never meet otherwise. People from a wide range of places-- politically and experientially, as well as geographically.

Still, like anywhere else, we tend to spend more time, and be more attentive to those with whom we have something in common. In my case, that means (among other things) that I've found myself with some "RevGalBlogPals"-- women in various stages of their lives who are living out a call to ordained ministry. We are all (so far as I know) Christian, though we come from a variety of denominational backgrounds; some are married, some single; some have children (ranging from knee-high to nearly grown) while others exercise their "mom genes" outside their immediate household. And I've had great fun laughing and crying and learning with these sisters under the skin, though I've never laid eyes on any of them.

Recently a few of our number came up with the idea to do something official with our shorthand nickname-- and a short time later (the pastors in question being doers, and not hearers only), with a little help from the folks at Cafe Press, the RevGals had thematic merchandise-- just like fancy athletic teams and the like!

Do you suppose this qualifies as... Holy Spirit Wear? Okay, maybe not...

9 Comments:

Blogger reverendmother said...

It has been the greatest unexpected joy of blogging to connect with other revs. When I started about 18 months ago I felt like I was throwing a message in a bottle and tossing it into a huge ocean. Now I see lots of lovely bottles bobbing around, catching the light in all kinds of beautiful ways.

July 21, 2005 8:12 PM  

Blogger Sue said...

I'm very new to the RGBP (ooo..an acronym!) -- I can't tell you how life-giving it is to hear the voices of so many women (and the occasional guy too) in ministry.

I ordered a t-shirt today too!

July 21, 2005 9:40 PM  

Blogger Jane Ellen+ said...

Welcome, to both of you! And thanks for stopping by!

(It was a t-shirt and a mug, for me. I'm an inevitable sucker for mugs)

July 21, 2005 9:58 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uplifting!

July 22, 2005 10:14 AM  

Blogger Dawgdays said...

What a hoot! I got a chuckle out of the thong.

Gee, can guys join too? We are BlogPals of RevGals, after all. :)

July 22, 2005 10:54 AM  

Blogger Jane Ellen+ said...

Wes: Yes, certainly. As the descriptor for the newly formed webring (links also in my sidebar) notes:

"Open to all bloggers but especially clergywomen who would consider themselves RevGals and their Blogging Pals. We represent a diverse group of people -- women ministers, with or without children, discerning women and other clergypersons -- and friends."

July 22, 2005 11:16 AM  

Blogger Susie/Nueva Cantora said...

Thats the best thing ever!! I joined up, and I totally want the tshirt. Um, I dunno how to make it show up on my sidebar... maybe when i see you next online you'd give me a hand? Gracias!

July 22, 2005 11:51 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a mug/tank gal myself. And I'm so happy to have found this little community!

July 22, 2005 12:59 PM  

Blogger jo(e) said...

I'm a revgalpal who is a pal rather than a rev, but I have to say that before I discovered the preaching women blogs, I didn't know any women in ministry. I come from a conservative Catholic community. I can't tell you how wonderful it has been to be get to know these cool women who are spiritual leaders.

July 22, 2005 3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home