/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Countdown

After three years of study and training and formation, graduation is now only three days away. And though it seems amazing to say, I'm done. The last paper written, the last project handed in, the last presentation given only a few minutes ago. It's a very odd feeling, not to have a load of schoolwork leering over my shoulder, waiting to pounce if I take any time off. Odd. . . and freeing, and grand, and lovely.

Please understand, this does not mean that I have nothing to do for the rest of the week. Far from it! I have a sermon to preach tomorrow morning, and Evensong to sing tomorrow evening, and a dorm room to finish packing.

And then there are people. Our senior dinner is tonight, and we will likely laugh and cry together, and truly begin the process of leavetaking. Then, friends and family are coming from out of town. Some dear people are already here; still others are inbound as I type this. These are folks I see far too rarely, and who will be here far too briefly.

So I think that, other than posting my sermon tomorrow, I won't be blogging much for the next few days. It's time to spend some quality time reveling in corporeal reality.

See you on the flip side, my friends.

3 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I know in some ways it seems you've been there forever....in others like you just arrived. The sad truth is, as much as you may deny it now, there will only be a handful of classmates you will keep in touch with. Life gets in the way. Still, I would not trade those three years at Seabury for ANYTHING.
Enjoy the week, shed tears, prepare for some heartaching goodbyes. ANd know you are prepared.

May 31, 2005 9:12 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...

God bless you as you end this important part of your life and move on to the next.

June 01, 2005 5:08 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So. What will you be doing now? Will you be an assistant somewhere? Or will you have responsibility for a small parish? Or did you say something about doing a fellowship in hospital chaplaincy?

Best wishes, either way!

June 01, 2005 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home