/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Winding down

That's pretty much the theme of the week here. Classes are still in session, services are still on the regular schedule in the chapel and all; but we are beginning to move into a series of endings.

Yesterday I was one of the cantors at Evensong: the last time my name appears on the rota to do that, here. It felt very good, to chant the plainsong psalms; but I found myself having to force the last hymn through a suddenly swollen throat. Only for a moment; but it was there.

Today I finished my last academic paper: a reflection for our liturgical practicum course. It's not really due for a few days yet, but I dropped it off in the professor's mailbox anyway, to get it off my plate. Not so much choking up over this one.

Then this evening, I picked up Mark at the airport. It's more than a week before Commencement, but he needs to use up some vacation time, and so he came in early (now you know why I was getting that paper out of the way!).

Somehow, this is all beginning to feel real.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home