/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Friday, July 16, 2004

On the bright side

Okay, the back is still unhappy. So I've resorted to the serious meds-- the ones that leave me feeling like my brain is wrapped in cotton wool. I really hate that feeling. Pout. Whine.

Okay, enough of that.

On the other hand, there are a few things to be thankful for in all this:

Family: One loving husband and two great kids, who are being pretty darn patient while I'm rather less than useful here.

Disposable heat wraps: Oh, these are a marvelous invention! Strap one on, and it's comforting and toasty all day.

Toes: I can pick up my washcloth in the shower, or a sock on the floor, without having to bend over. This is a very good thing.

2 Comments:

Blogger AKMA said...

It’s good to know I’m not the only one who uses prehensile toes (though my spouse gives me some grief about it). Sorry about your back; I have shared your pain, and it’s no fun. And knowing you, you wouldn’t have broken out the heavy-duty pain meds if it weren’t very painful. . . .

July 17, 2004 2:40 PM  

Blogger Ryan said...

The use of the toes is an art I think we lost when we separated from the apes.

-R

July 18, 2004 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home