/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Monday, March 15, 2004

Done

School, I mean. This quarter is over. I finished the last two requirements-- a sermon for my parish, posted below, and my New Testament final, submitted via email last night.

I feel ambivalent about the last 11 weeks. On one hand, I really enjoyed everything I was doing, and learning-- even Greek, as odd as that sounds to some of my classmates. The problem was that I was doing too much: a significant courseload, with rather higher demands on my time than usual; work study and class responsibilities; family and home. And getting sick in the middle of it all didn't help.

Can you say, "overfunctioning?" Yes, I knew you could.

So this week, I'm recharging. I do have a few things on my "to do" list (yes, of course, there's always a list with me), but it is smaller, and not so demanding. And this list also includes a few items that feed the soul, rather than stretch it.

--Dinner with Dad and Pat, at my sister's house. Blessed reconnection.
--A couple of visits with friends I haven't seen in a while. Ditto.
--An evening with One of the Girls, on St. Patrick's Day. Let's see how silly we can get. We need more silly around here.
--Meeting with my spiritual director. Back to the reconnection theme.

Right now, I need to go fetch the daughter, who just missed her bus. And I will grouse at her, but not much; because I'm glad to be home to go pick her up.

A couple more days of sleep, and I might even look forward to classes again. Amazing.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home