/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Thursday, March 04, 2004

Countdown

Caution: Whining seminarian ahead.

One week from tomorrow, our winter quarter ends. Eight more days. And in that time, I have a "To Do" list, well, to do. And it's long enough, with papers and sermons, and final exams, to be daunting.

And of course, in the middle of this I seem to have added to the lung virus issue the same silly bug that laid waste to most of my classmates last week. Now, it's not knocked me flat, as it did some people, which is good. But it seems to be working its inexorable way through my system, one symptom at a time. Fever, followed by congestion, followed by sore throat, followed by headache... none of them individually enough to give me the excuse to go to bed, but sufficient to make the coursework an ongoing battle that I can only fight halfheartedly.

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. And when I try to pray, all I seem to be able to do is cry, or fall asleep. Which doesn't help.

So, if you have a spare prayer handy, this sinner could use a few, right now.

Please.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home