/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Monday, February 23, 2004

Blogaria U. and bubbles

Tripp has, at long last, opened the doors of the University of Blogaria, Sjlbvdnzv Campus. Further, I am pleased to note that I have accepted appointment as Provost of this august institution. Now, before I did so, I looked up "Provost," to see what I was getting into. The definitions I found read as follows:

1. A person who is appointed to superintend, or preside over, something... as, the provost of a college, answering to the president.

2. The keeper of a prison.


Either way, the job promises not to be dull.

In order to celebrate having been granted such an honor, what should I do? Buy some fancy jewelry, or an expensive toy of some sort? Well, there's a lot of prestige to the position, but not much monetary remuneration. At the U of B we're long on kudos, short on cash.

So I did something almost as rewarding. I took a bath.

Now, I used to take baths a lot, but not so much, lately. My bathroom up at school only has a shower in it; and, on weekends, I'm usually so busy that the quick shower is my staple here, too.

But, after this week, a bath was definitely in order. And not just a quick rinse, mind you. A bath. A hot-as-I-can-stand-it, up-to-my-neck-in-bubbles bath. A "do not bother Mom unless you are bleeding or on fire!" bath.

Oh, what a wondrous thing.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home