/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Sunday, February 15, 2004

Field Ed

This is a seminarian's equivalent to a professional internship, something like student teaching for educators. At Seabury, we begin to connect with a field assignment in the spring of our middler year, and then work there full-time during the winter quarter of our senior year.

I'm in the process of setting up my field ed site for next year. Got an idea for a placement that sounds like a fine fit; just enough of a stretch for me to grow into. When those plans get firmed up, I'll tell you about it.

In the meantime, I also have an additional opportunity, this summer. I will be taking charge of two small, mission-sized congregations a bit south of here, while their vicar is on sabbatical in England for 2 months. Not being ordained yet, I'm not presiding at Eucharist, of course-- we are arranging for a supply priest to come in a couple of times, to provide the sacrament. For the remaining Sundays, however, I'll be leading Morning Prayer at both churches, as well as weekly bible studies, and doing anything else that comes up in the meantime. I'm excited, and nervous, and a little intimidated, but very eager for the opportunity. Another priest in the diocese will be providing me with some oversight, for which I am grateful. Someone to run to with questions and concerns is a Very Good Thing.

So, if you're in Indiana this summer, anywhere near Rensselaer or Monticello of a Sunday morning, stop by and say hello!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home