/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Sight and sound

I went up to school this afternoon, with a couple of purposes. First, to do a bit of library research for my preaching presentation; secondly, to sing at the Evensong service.

Nothing ever goes quite as you expect.

I had expected to spend an inordinate amount of time searching for the texts I wanted. However, in a rare moment of cooperation, ATLA (the Evil Overlord of Library Databases) actually gave me the titles I needed with only minor quibbling. Insert Doxology Here.

On the other hand, I had expected Evensong to go off without a hitch. True, Tripp had been scheduled to preside, and is currently down for the count with an impertinent bug; but I'm quite comfortable filling in that role, and Susie and Judith both have beautiful, strong voices, and are usually more than able to lead the congregational singing.

However, both of those poor souls were also hit by the same nasty germ that nailed Tripp, and were only a couple days' worth of healing ahead. And I still am having issues with the whole lung virus thing. Mostly, I can ignore it; but deep breathing still hurts. Which includes singing.

So, God was praised this evening; but it was not the best that chapel has ever sounded.

Time to take some aspirin and go to bed.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home