/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Saturday, December 06, 2003

Real life


Nothing like a little reality to bring a girl back to reality.

Yesterday I spent the morning in the wonderful world of work study. Wrote up a bunch of quiz questions for AKMA's Early Church History class to practice on; and then spent time looking for reference material at the library. More precisely, in ATLA, the online electronic database-- which, I must tell you, is a royal pain. Balky interface, obscure keyword connections, confusing... and then, when I finally (after 2 hours) got a short list of items that I thought might be worth pursuing, it flatly refused to allow me to print. Not only refused, but seized up my computer so that I had to force quit, and lost what I had done. I loathe ATLA.

A blessed antidote to the sour taste that goofy system always leaves in my mouth was the 11:15 Eucharist. On Fridays, this is a quiet service-- not heavily attended, and generally no music, though this week the Dean played a hymn for us at the offertory. So, a little good music, as well as some good preaching this day. Brother Micah was in the pulput (or more accurately, in the aisle) and brought a Word to say. He wants to teach homiletics when he grows up; when he starts that ministry, do yourself a favor and take the class. I'll be in there with you, in the left-handed desk in the 2nd row.

Got home last night, so this morning is devoted to domesticity. Laundry, dusting, vacuuming... the neverending joys of household maintenance. And a little bit of of spousal nursing, as Bruce has come down with the same plague that seems to be hitting everyone around here.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home