/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Friday, September 05, 2003

Doers of the Word


Have you ever been stalked by scripture? That's what's happening to me this week. A chunk of James keeps cropping up on my radar. It was part of the lectionary reading (RCL version) for last Sunday; it's also Bonhoeffer's focus in the book I'm reading (at least, the portion I'm currently working on). And last night, guess what was the theme of a presentation I heard at a small parish meeting I attended? Yep-- there it was again.

Don't get me wrong; I like James. It's actually one of my favorite books. No beating around the bush, no convoluted logic; just a straightforward "here it is, deal with it" approach to the Good News. Not any easier to live out than other epistles, but at least easier to understand-- usually.

But when I start hearing the same bits like this, from unrelated sources, I begin to wonder if Someone is trying to tell me something-- and then, just what that something might be. Hear, hear, and do not understand; that's me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home