/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Friday, September 19, 2008

Rev Gal Friday Five: Fall Equinox

As this vivid season begins, tell us five favorite things about fall:

1) A fragrance - oh, so many things: the late blooming wildfowers, and burning leaves, and hot apple cider... I even love the scent of the air that hot days and cool nights produce.

2) A color - the brilliant red that some trees turn, back in the midwest. It's one of the few "scenic" things that I miss in Big Sky Country-- that color just doesn't happen here.

3) An item of clothing - Sweatshirts! I love the way they feel, either by themselves or layered over a t-shirt or turtleneck. Something about a sweatshirt feels cozy and sturdy, protected and ready for action, all at the same time.

4) An activity - I'll admit it-- the first thing I thought of was a football game. I am not really huge fan of the sport, but there is something about going to a game on a brisk fall day, with a blanket and a thermos full of hot chocolate or cider, that feels just marvelous.

5) A special day - Our son was a fall baby, so we look forward to his days (birthday and adoption day) in October. Then there's All Saints' Day, which is actually one of my favorite feasts on the calendar.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I haven't been to a football game in years, but I remember going with my folks to college games and how much fun that was. Hope you enjoy yours!

September 19, 2008 11:49 AM  

Blogger LutheranChik said...

For some reason the trees here in mid-Michigan have been slow to turn color this year...but I too love the colorful landscapes. I think if I were transplanted to some similarly cool but maple-less place I'd be ordering sugar maples from nurseries to create my own mini-"up north" landscape!

September 19, 2008 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home