Rev Gal Friday Five: Fall Equinox
1) A fragrance - oh, so many things: the late blooming wildfowers, and burning leaves, and hot apple cider... I even love the scent of the air that hot days and cool nights produce.
2) A color - the brilliant red that some trees turn, back in the midwest. It's one of the few "scenic" things that I miss in Big Sky Country-- that color just doesn't happen here.
3) An item of clothing - Sweatshirts! I love the way they feel, either by themselves or layered over a t-shirt or turtleneck. Something about a sweatshirt feels cozy and sturdy, protected and ready for action, all at the same time.
4) An activity - I'll admit it-- the first thing I thought of was a football game. I am not really huge fan of the sport, but there is something about going to a game on a brisk fall day, with a blanket and a thermos full of hot chocolate or cider, that feels just marvelous.
5) A special day - Our son was a fall baby, so we look forward to his days (birthday and adoption day) in October. Then there's All Saints' Day, which is actually one of my favorite feasts on the calendar.