/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Friday, February 03, 2012

RevGals

Another reason for coming back to blogging? An online circle which began a few years back, when a small group of clergy women (or women who were to become clergy -- I was in seminary at the time) found one another's blogs. We got to know one another on the Interwebs, and eventually, sometimes, In Real Life. These women (and a few men) eventually became a community: the RevGalBlogPals. We wrote a couple of books together which raised money for relief after Hurricane Katrina, and helped one another weather some personal storms along the way as well.

Today we/they maintain a series of community blogs-- in addition to the main blog there are also BookPals and PrayerPals-- and sponsor an annual continuing education Big Event. This year's incarnation, BE 5.0, is the first I've been able to attend. It will not be the last.

One of my great privileges is that I had a wee part in the birth of this community. Although others have contributed in greater measure, you might say that I am, by grace, one of the Founding Mothers. To paraphrase Paul: a few planted, more watered, and God has given the growth. Insert doxology here.

I have no desire to leave that behind. So here I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home