/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Once more into the breach, dear friends, once more

My, it's dusty in here...

It's hard to believe that it's been almost a year since I've posted. And even longer since it was a regular discipline. There are a whole lot of reasons for that, very few of which am I eager to share on the global stage. Suffice to say that my focus and energy were necessarily elsewhere.

But I've missed it. I've missed the discipline of writing this way, and the resulting conversations and the connections that drew me into the blogiverse in the first place. Oh, some of that is now available in other venues that simply did not exist when I began blogging several years ago. I'm not entirely sold on tweeting, probably because I do not own a SmartPhone of any sort; but the Face, used with care, is a happy tool.

That said, there's something meaty about the nature of a blog. Something substantive. A full meal instead of a snack.

And so I'm taking it up again. I don't know as anyone else will notice; many of the friends I originally found here have moved on. And I don't blame them a bit. After all, there's no point in stopping by if no one ever answers the door! But some of those relationships have lasted, thanks be to God, albeit in other venues. Others may show up if I make the place look a little more lived in. But whether they do or not, I find that I need to be here, to have a place for writing and listening and working things out.

So I've gotten out the dustpan and tidied up a bit. Washed a window or two and swept the front walk. God willing, more of that will happen in the days ahead. And we'll see how it goes.

It's good to be back.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Irene Adams said...

Very Interesting Blog! Like the way you communicate. Writing is a wonderful tool I have embraced for years with pen and paper. Maybe I will try this new Medium myself! Namaste! Yoga keeps me Sane! Has for many Years!

June 29, 2011 12:05 PM  

Anonymous Jules said...

Yay! I'm here! ::waves arms:: I never left!

June 29, 2011 2:33 PM  

Blogger Reverend Ref + said...

Well, well . . . look what I found.

June 29, 2011 2:59 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi! Welcome back to the blogosphere!

June 29, 2011 6:45 PM  

Blogger Dawgdays said...

Welcome back!

June 29, 2011 8:59 PM  

Blogger Jane Ellen+ said...

Thanks, friends. I'm glad you're all still around, too.

June 29, 2011 11:20 PM  

Blogger Reverend Ref + said...

oh, you know me . . . I'm not going anywhere.

July 02, 2011 10:56 PM  

Anonymous PastorJulie said...

I'm here! You knew me as KnittinPreacher, but now I have a new name (PastorJulie).

July 03, 2011 4:12 PM  

Anonymous Shari DeSIlva said...

Welcome home!

I thought you would eventually return ! :)

Shari (your obnoxious friend)

August 03, 2011 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home