/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Thursday, July 22, 2010

RevGal Friday Five: Decisions

Like Songbird, I've been in the midst of a discernment process. And getting that all figured out means I'm thrust into a whole different realm of deciding: new house, moving company, schools... I'm glad to have nothing more complicated than this to decide at the moment.

Let's keep it simple and go with five word pairs. Tell us which word in the pair appeals to you most, and after you've done all five, give us the reason why for one of them.

Here they are:

1) Cake or Pie
No contest-- pie!

2) Train or Airplane
This one's harder. Train for comfort, plane for speed (since there is very little comfortable about air travel anymore).

3) Mac or PC
Mac, all the way. I've used both extensively, and I wouldn't own anything else, for a lot of reasons.

4) Univocal or Equivocal
Equivocal (it's always "more complicated than that.")

5) Peter or Paul
Paul gets it right more often, but I do love Peter-- he's so honestly earnest in his fumbling, which makes him endearingly real. Hmm... when in doubt, see #4.

10 Comments:

Blogger river song said...

I'm right there with you on 3 (Mac) and 4 (equivocal). Paul's level of sophistication brings Peter up short at times, but I love Peter, anyway. Great play, and wasn't it wonderful to have it posted early?

July 23, 2010 1:07 AM  

Blogger Mavis said...

Friday almost over for this pie-loving train-riding secretly Mac-adoring equivocal Peter (who completely overlooked the fumbling nature of the character)

July 23, 2010 2:56 AM  

Blogger Sharon said...

I'm with you on "train for comfort, plane for speed." I have recently discovered that those stupid looking (I thought) neck pillows add lots of comfort to airplane travel.

July 23, 2010 5:05 AM  

Blogger Unknown said...

I love Peter, too. (Named one of my children after him, though his brother thought it was for Peter Rabbit!)

July 23, 2010 5:57 AM  

Blogger altar ego said...

Blessings on your impending transition. Such a bittersweet time in life.

July 23, 2010 6:05 AM  

Blogger Mary Beth said...

I guess I identify with Peter and the fumbling!

July 23, 2010 8:16 AM  

Blogger Muthah+ said...

Hoosier I am not sure that train travel is more comfortable--I took the cross Canada trip and thought my back would never be the same.

July 23, 2010 9:32 AM  

Blogger Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

I love all these answers. Agreed! Except Mac, which I know many people love but I've never tried.

July 23, 2010 9:35 AM  

Blogger revkjarla said...

yes...those transitions are hard.
I liked your play!

July 23, 2010 1:43 PM  

Anonymous Carson Clark said...

Macs are clearly better. My complaint is that little bit of condescension that I think we could all do w/o. Not saying you. Just a general observation.

Hello. Just came across your blog. Really enjoyed it.

I'm an aspiring clergy-writer who's new to the Anglican tradition, and am trying to find Anglican readers. The title of my blog is "Musings of a Hard-Lining Moderate: The assorted thoughts of an evangelical Anglican." Right now I'm doing a series on the doctrine of Scripture, which was prompted by the crisis in the global communion. Also recently wrote a post on the value of the christian calendar. Don't know if you'd be interested, but here's the link: http://bit.ly/dXh2qd

Have a great day.

Grace & Peace,

Carson

December 07, 2010 2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home