/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Friday, January 02, 2009

RevGal Friday Five: New Year's Reflections

First list five things that you remember/ treasure from 2008:

  • Beloved family and friends who support, encourage, challenge and inspire me. The list is far longer than I could ever reasonably expect or deserve.
  • Related to the above: gatherings of extended, scattered family. Once in July, at my brother's place in Minnesota, and then again this week in Indiana. We also saw several of Bruce's siblings this trip as well.
  • The progress of our children: a daughter who is, as she puts it, "getting a life," and a son who is, step by step, learning to handle challenge and difference. Their roads are not without curves and potholes, but they keep traveling, and I'm proud of them.
  • My first stint as a chaplain at our diocesan summer camp. I've done camp for years, but not at Camp Marshall; so in many ways I was very much the rookie. I'm still learning, but it was great fun!
  • Speaking of learning-- the Hooks & Needles crew and their practical help with my very own homemade socks!

Then list five things that you are looking forward to in 2009.

  • Adding plants and happy growing things to the new beds around the house.
  • Camp Chaplain II: the sequel
  • This isn't confirmed, but it's a hope. I'd like to take a vacation west of here-- Oregon, or maybe Washington. I've never spent time in either state, and I'd love to see some of what's over there.
  • More socks... and perhaps the next step: a sweater!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home