Here are the rules:
1. You have to post the rules before you give your answers.
2. You must list one fact about yourself beginning with each letter of your middle name. (If you don't have a middle name, use your maiden name or your mother's maiden name).
3. At the end of your blog post, you need to tag one person (or blogger of another species) for each letter of your middle name. (Be sure to leave them a comment telling them they've been tagged.)
1. Done. See above.
2. Yes, my middle name really is Ellen. This is not a news flash.
E - Eldest. I have one sister and one brother, both younger than I am.
L - Left-Handed. This has made teaching me to knit a real challenge.
L - Liturgical Geek. This has been true since I was a child, helping my grandmother in the sacristy. I loved knowing the names of things, why they were important, and how to use them. I became an acolyte when my parish priest found me wistfully hiding among the cassocks in the robing room at church (I was 10).
E - Engineering. More specifically, Metallurgical Engineering. That was my undergraduate degree, from Purdue, many moons ago. I worked as a steelmaker for a few years.
N - Nearsighted in both eyes, and astigmatic in the left to boot. I've worn glasses since I was 9 years old.
3. Who do I tag? Lots of you have already done this, and more than a few of you I'd think to tag do not use "real" names on your blog. If you have not and are so inclined, feel free (times five!).