/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Something in common

Anyone who's stopped by here, however briefly, knows that I am a Christian. I am a follower of Jesus as God and Savior, an ongoing discipleship that is also the focus of my life's work.

That does not mean, I hope, that I cannot hear wisdom and truth when I see it in other venues. Like this post, from a practitioner of Wicca, about her experience with the online version of her community, especially longtime followers...
...who use the anonymity of the internet forum to spew their spite and superiority all over seekers and anyone unfortunate enough to ask a dumb question. There is far too much posturing and bickering in the Community and not nearly enough actual religion.

My conclusion: there is nothing spiritual about an asshole. The vocabulary words and trappings make no difference. If your faith has not helped you become a better person and helped you live a more joyful life, you're doing it wrong.

Those who have ears to hear, let us hear.

1 Comments:

Blogger Crimson Rambler said...

I shared this "ecumenical insight" with a number of good companions and the mirth was widespread...thank you!

March 04, 2008 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home