Today, however, I had other things to do.
- Visited and anointed a parishioner with such significant head trauma that the doctors are not sure how much memory or personality will eventually recover.
- Joined the local ministerial association for lunch with local school administrators (an annual event, here), to learn from them what is being done with and for the kids in this community.
- Chatted and prayed with a retired colleague, and received an amazing gift from one with whom relations have not always been entirely smooth.
- Celebrated the Eucharist, and offered healing prayer with and for "two or three gathered."
- Spent time with a fragile woman who has been admitted to hospice, struggling with pain and fear, until prayer and sleep brought some measure of relief.
- Chatted with a group of knitters and crocheters about life, families, God, and the quality of yarn.
Amid all the angst... real life continues. Thanks be to God.