/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Friday, July 06, 2007

Hasty Friday Five

Today, what are you:

1. Wearing
At the moment? An oversized t-shirt (Purdue Boilermakers, Rose Bowl 2001) and gym shorts (in other words, summer pj's). It's a day off for me, so my "dressed for the day" clothes won't be too different: the minimum required for public modesty, as it's predicted to be a sweltering 104°F today (40°C for the rest of the world, which sounds cooler, but isn't!).

2. Reading
Harry Potter! In preparation for upcoming release of the seventh book and fifth movie, I've been rereading the series.

3. Eating
Breakfast: a bowl of cereal flakes with a handful of frozen blueberries thrown in, followed by a glass of passionfruit tea.

4. Doing
Listening to Yellowstone Public Radio and making lists: getting ready for our wandering vacation next week! Laundry, visit to eye doctor and hair salon, packing, shopping...

5. Pondering
How easily radio interviewers toss around inflammatory vocabulary. Do we really hear what we're saying when we toss words like "atrocity," "radical extremist" and "jihad" into the conversation?

7 Comments:

Blogger Di said...

Yes to the inflammatory language. However, I still love NPR.

July 06, 2007 9:23 AM  

Blogger revkjarla said...

Take care in the heat! My family lives in Western ND, and it's hot there, too....scorching. Enjoy your day off!

July 06, 2007 9:49 AM  

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm waiting for The Princess to finish re-reading Order of the Phoenix and pass it my way. Such Pottermania!

July 06, 2007 11:02 AM  

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice Play! I too and knee deep in Harry Potter. I re-read 6, and am now re-reading 5 in prep for the movie. I just started two days ago, but I think I can get it done before the movie. I like your pondering as well, and you are right. I think someone once did a study that suggested one's IQ actually drops when in front of a microphone.

July 06, 2007 11:30 AM  

Blogger Terri said...

I'm often amazed what I hear people say in public forums. (Which is why I avoid public speaking well, except sermons, but hopefully since they are written ahead of time I've fixed all the problemtic pieces...hopefully)...I love Montana and the west and the Rockies (from Utah myself). Hope you have a great vacation someplace cooler than the west...

July 06, 2007 12:57 PM  

Blogger Scott said...

YES to your comment on celsius v. farenheit - is there really that much difference between 102 and 104? 40 sounds much more manageable, doesn't it?

July 06, 2007 2:15 PM  

Blogger Teri said...

I admit to having already re-read the entire series. Now, having had several discussions with a few other potter maniacs, I am planning to re-read 5 and 6 again. I have tickets for the midnight show of the movie (thanks to some fun and wacky friends in the city), so I will re-read five, discuss like crazy with said city friends, then re-read 6 with the various theories in mind, and be ready to dive into 7 when I get back from the mission trip.
I hope.
happy wandering!

July 06, 2007 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home