/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Sunday, October 15, 2006

"I feel the earth move under my feet..."

You know, the Lord moves in mysterious ways... but the ground beneath our feet usually does not.

I got a phone call from Mark this afternoon, telling me that he was okay. I was glad to hear it, but I hadn't really been wondering; after all, it was Sunday morning, and I had been focused on the day's schedule: Eucharist at two churches, then Fall Cleanup Day at a third, then stop by the YMCA craft fair on the way home (where one of my churches had a booth).

Then I found out why he was calling. It seems that there's been a little excitement in his neck of the woods.

The good news is that he was not injured-- nor were any of his parishioners. The quake was smaller on Oahu than on the Big Island; but still it was enough to knock out all the power to the whole island. That includes internet access, too, so one of my regular chat buddies will not be around for a bit. And phone service is sporadic.

But the Lord was still praised, and Eucharist shared this morning at St. George's, Pearl Harbor. Thanks be to God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home