/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Friday, September 15, 2006

Celebration indeed!

It was indeed a lovely, wonderful evening. Parishioners from around the region gathered; Rev. Ref. and his Lovely Wife made the trek, joining a small caravan coming up behind the bishop; and even a couple of friendly Lutherans came to worship with us. (Ref. gives a report of their adventures here-- thanks, bro, for coming!).


My thoughtful husband took a few photos during the service. He had the flash turned off, so as not to disturb the worship (note to parish photographers: this is a Rule To Live By). This left some shots a bit blurred; but several were clear, and captured the evening. I've uploaded a few of the better ones.

This photo is not only a decent shot of my bishop, but gives a good look at the sanctuary at Calvary. It is a lovely little church-- on the National Register of Historic Places, I will note-- made sacred by generations of prayer and worship.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos! I barely recognized the Ref+ without his hat, but then I saw "obey these canons..." and I thought, "Oh yeah, there he is." Once a ref, always a ref, even if he's a Ref+. Congratulations. All accounts are that it was a lovely service.

September 17, 2006 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home