/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Light at the end of the tunnel?

Perhaps... by the grace of God. And that's the whole point, isn't it?

One of our adventures lately...

Two weeks ago, another driver coming from the opposite direction turned left suddenly in front of me (reminder to my occasional international reader: this was across my lane of traffic here in the U.S.) and took out most of the driver's side quarter panel and front end. On my tiny car (long ago christened "the oversized roller skate" at our house) this may not seem like much; it has almost no front end to begin with. Nevertheless, it was significant.

Some things to be thankful for:
  • Neither my son nor I were injured. The only aftereffect was some soreness the boy had, from the shoulder belt catching him at the moment of impact. "Seat belts really work, Mom!"
  • My car has been restored to health and wholeness. Lots of body damage, but the frame was not bent, and all the new parts blend well and function properly. These folks did good work.
  • The cost of the repairs was completely covered by the other driver's insurance; so we were neither responsible for a deductible payment, nor will our insurance rates be increased as a result. During a time of financial strain, this is a real boon (insert enormous sigh of relief here).
  • I got to drive a spiffy rental car while the aforementioned repairs were being done (also covered by insurance). It was nearly new, had decent acceleration... and it was a lovely red. Nevertheless, I'm glad to have my roller skate back-- especially when I pull up to the gas pump!

3 Comments:

Blogger Susie/Nueva Cantora said...

My mom drives a stratus, and loves it. Its very sporty for her. Of course, a woman I used to work with drove one too and thought it was kind of an old lady car. Go figure :)

April 20, 2006 10:26 AM  

Blogger the fallow field said...

This sounds like my adventure earlier this month when a driver did the same thing to me and my boys! Praise God we didn't see the light either... though we came close. I used to have cars which people dubbed 'the roller skate'or 'the hairdryer' - the fiat 126! - absolutely beautiful little cars! Reading your blog has brought memories flooding back. Be blessed :)

April 21, 2006 2:21 AM  

Blogger Dawgdays said...

Thanks be to God!

April 21, 2006 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home