/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Saturday, July 24, 2004

Keepin' busy

My family's out of town this weekend. They're down in southern Indiana, for a family celebration. The party's tonight, so I couldn't go, because I need to be in Monticello for Sunday worship; a 3-4 hour drive before an 8:00 am service means getting up too early in the morning, even for me. So I stayed home, alone in this house for the first time since I can't remember when.

I have plenty to keep me busy, though. Aside from the weekly sermon to finish (currently half-done, and a work in progress), I've promised to be over at church first thing this morning, to help take down the banners we hung a while back, and to change a few light bulbs. There is a dearth of souls in the parish willing and able to climb a 30-foot extension ladder, and I don't mind heights, so I volunteered-- so long as there are sturdy folks willing to hold the base steady. This is very much a team effort.

I leave from there to drive north, picking up Tripp and Larry, and meeting David for a pastoral team meeting for the new congregation I mentioned in passing a few weeks ago. This will be good; I do like working with these guys.

Before I head out, however, I wanted to introduce my newest niece, who came home from the hospital last night.

Isn't she gorgeous?

1 Comments:

Blogger Susie/Nueva Cantora said...

totally, wonderfully, miraculously beautiful. And I'm not even biased through relation!

July 25, 2004 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home