/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Sunday, June 20, 2004

Quiet celebration

Father's Day started out with my family and I headed in different directions. The services at St. Mary's are at 8:00 am, so I have to leave the house by 6 to be down there and set up in time. Rather than rousting out the troops to join me down south, I left them sleeping in until it was time to get up for services at our home parish.

But I stopped on the way home, and picked up some groceries for dinner tonight. Yummy things to grill, and fresh fruit, and ingredients for a banana cream pie for dessert... one of Bruce's favorites, and something we hadn't had in a while.

So, we had a fine meal, and gifted my beloved with a few rememberances far less valuable than he deserves, and generally enjoyed some of the family time that is in far too short supply during the school year.

Thus we honored the hard-working, loving, patient man with whom I am blessed to share my life. Of all the things I have to be thankful for-- and there are many-- my husband is right at the top of the list.

Love you, babe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home