/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Sunday, April 25, 2004

Decaffeinated

Well, I'm getting there, anyway. I'm told it takes 30 days to eliminate caffeine from one's system, and I've been off it for maybe 10-- doctor's orders. It would have been longer, but I forgot about the amount of the stuff that hides in chocolate, which I've been in the habit of eating (and drinking) in regular doses. Then my beloved husband reminded me, gently, of the content in the Easter candy I was nibbling. So I gave that up, as well.

Then the headaches began. Ebbed and flowed, but were pretty much constant companions for better than a week. Last Wednesday was the worst-- I was only marginally functional. Fortunately, blessedly, they've tapered off since then. I've gone most of today pain-free.

This whole adventure has reminded me, once again, how much I take everyday health for granted.

Thank you, Lord, for in your image I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Please help me remember that.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home