/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Saturday, April 24, 2004

Spiritual Direction

I stopped on my way home yesterday for a meeting with my spiritual director. I've gotten into the habit of seeing her monthly, and it has been good. She's a retired Episcopal priest, both gentle and amazingly direct. Our time together has come to be something I really look forward to.

Sometimes our conversation is about support, and encouragement; sometimes, discernment. Yesterday, it was a bit of a wake-up call, regarding some spiritual bad habits I'd fallen back into. Not easy, but very good-- and I am really, really grateful for the guidance as I walk this path of Christian discipleship.

So once again, it's about repenting and returning. Sometimes that's frustrating-- but boy, this time it feels exactly right.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home