/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Adventures


We're learning a lot, here-- people are eager to share about the parish, and the community, and the area. We had a long chat yesterday with Tom, the rector. Very laid back soul-- hard to imagine he and our focused, intentional Ruth were classmates! Spent today at the U. Miss Medical Center with Bruns, the curate-- an amazing man, and one of my newest heroes.

Tomorrow, believe it or not, I'm preaching at the weekday Eucharist. It's a small service, being on a weekday morning, so I guess that Tom figures I can't do too much harm in the 3 minutes he says is a normal homily for that group. Yes, I'm nervous-- he brought it up yesterday, and I've never preached on that short notice, regardless of how long or short it is. So it will be a tiny talk-- and if it doesn't flub too badly, I'll try to get over and post it.

But now, I need to get out of this parking lot and get some sleep!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home