/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Stalkers


Open any door, and there they are. Go to the window, and they're peering through the panes. Turn on a lamp, and I see them waiting. I can't avoid them-- my classes, the chapel, the refectory-- yes, even my bedroom. They're everywhere. Beady little eyes, watching me. Hard bodies, shining in the light, walking toward me on sturdy legs...

Ladybugs. Tiny, orange stalkers. I turned back my covers last night to find one resting on my pillow, like some sort of gift from a warped concierge. This morning I got in the shower, where an uninvited guest leapt from the shower curtain as I closed it, and landed on the shampoo.

Yep. Stalkers. Itty bitty felons, all of them.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home