/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Friday, October 17, 2003

Pout


Tonight is The Fun Fair at Kyle's school. This annual soiree is the major fundraiser of the year, as well an event that kids really enjoy. Face painting and crafts, cake walks and bozo buckets and dozens of other games, and an enormous fun house set up in the gym. I love working at the fair, been doing it for years: running a game, or serving up hot dogs and pizza, or tallying tickets in the redemption center, whatever. Hanging with the kids is a hoot.

But not this year. This year, I have somehow become infested with an upper respiratory plague. Tried all week to shake it, but it's just gotten worse. I am sniffling and sneezing and achy and coughing from my toes. I caved and went to the doctor this afternoon, who agreed that I was ill, and gave me various potions to alleviate the problem; but that doesn't help tonight.

So Bruce and Kyle have trotted over to the fair, leaving me parked alone on the sofa, with textbooks and tissues and hot tea. I have little enough time with my family as it is; to have some impertinent bug cutting into that further just really isn't fair, doggone it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home