/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Wednesday, August 06, 2003

Kyrie eleison


My church-- my faith community-- my family-- has made the well-broadcast decision to ratify the election for bishop of a gay man currently living in a committed relationship. As a result, there are people rejoicing over the decisions of the church-- and people who are devestated, hurt and angry.

I am really torn by this. There are people I dearly love-- honest, caring, committed children of God-- on both sides of this issue. Brothers and sisters who feel vindicated, and those who feel betrayed. And I hear all this, and feel caught in the middle.

On top of that, I'm still in CPE, and today was... hard. A medical ethics review, where the role of pastoral care and chaplaincy was not simply unacknowledged, but actively dismissed. A patient whose pain, physical and spiritual, wrenched at my heart. And finally, a verbatim discussion that reached into old holes in my soul.

Tomorrow is another day, thanks be to God, because I've had about all of today that I can stand.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home