/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Thursday, June 19, 2003

Catchin' up


I guess it's been a few days since I posted, hasn't it? Sorry about that-- life gets busy sometimes.

We spent the weekend watching softball. It's Tri-Town Tournament time: 15 teams, double elimination. And at the end, Carolyn's team won! There was one knucklebiter of a game on Saturday, that went 12 innings (regulation play is 7); but that was the biggest challenge. Lots of fun.

Then Monday, back to CPE. We've finished orientation tours, and started rounds yesterday. Generally the nursing staff on the floors were quite welcoming, although often unsure what to make of us-- they haven't had chaplain interns in a couple of years, and the idea of daily pastoral rounds was a new one to some of them.

Generally I had a good day. I managed not to get lost (more of an achievement than it sounds-- this place is HUGE), and the patients I with whom I spoke seemed glad of the visit. I did learn that my 4th floor units were different than I realized-- one is general surgery, but the other is the transplant unit. They do a lot of that here; exciting stuff.

Here's a very odd thing: it turned out that I had a connection with the first two patients with whom I spoke. One is the son of Kyle's school principal, and the other is married to a woman who graduated high school with me. Startlingly small world, isn't it?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home