/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Friday, October 28, 2005

A Light Blazes!!

You know, I hang around with a fair number of really smart, really articulate people. Academics, scholars and theologians. . . the sort of folks who write and speak brilliantly, and have their words published with a certain regularity. I'm not the least bit envious, honest. I am simply tickled to be able to open books or journals and say, "Look! I know him/her! Isn't that cool??" and to know that my gifts lie elsewhere.

But today, I'm kind of amazed to note that the RevGalBlogPals have published a collection of Advent devotionals, and I am among the contributors! The book is entitled A Light Blazes in the Darkness: Advent Devotionals from an Intentional Online Community. I've read several of the other reflections in this collection, and I am honored to be included in this caring, faithful company of priests, pastors and friends.

The book is available for a very reasonable price, and all the profits are going to hurricane relief efforts on the Gulf Coast. (incidentally, this was one great reason for publishing through Lulu rather than Amazon: the royalty percentage-- and hence our donation-- is substantially larger).

In a combination of altruistic fervor and shameless self-promotion, I've also included a link in my sidebar that will allow you to purchase a copy or three (which will then make shipping free!) for yourself.

I am just so excited about this!

1 Comments:

Blogger St. Casserole said...

I'm so proud of the RevGalBlogPals!
I'm waiting for my copy now.

October 29, 2005 4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home