/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Friday, September 13, 2013

Extreme Random Friday Five

Random in the questions; but also in that I haven't done a Friday Five in halfway to forever, and have no reason for doing today's version, other than because I can.

So with thanks to Karla at RevGals, and without further ado...

1. How are you?  What’s up with you?

So far there is no migraine, so that is an excellent start to the day.  This is a busy weekend:  I hadn't been planning to preach on Sunday until yesterday (I was supposed to be away at a camp event that got cancelled), so I'm prepping a sermon.   We're also hosting a cookout on Sunday afternoon at the house.  Lots of getting ready in the next couple days, but all for good stuff.

2.  Last Saturday, I went to the outlet store and stocked up on underwear for the year.  I love a bunch of new fresh underdrawers!  I also love a cabinet full of paper towels.   What silly thing makes you happy? 

In the midst of said busy, I will be having a pedicure.  I have learned that pretty toes make me happy in a way that really has no logic. But happy does not need logic.  It just is.

3.  Give a shout out to someone you love, appreciate, or want to thank!
 
Our granddaughter, Lady Elaine, turns 4 this weekend.  What a joy she is!  Because of her I laugh, and get at least one full body hug, every single day.  Priceless.

4. Miss Kansas has the Serenity Prayer tatooed on the side of her body.  I sadly do not have a tatoo, and maybe you do, but if you were going to get a prayer tatooed on the side of your body, what would it be? 

Temp tattoos are all well and good, and sometimes highly entertaining; but I am unlikely ever to get a real one.  Anybody sticking a needle in my body had best have a good medical reason for doing so. In the unlikely event I ever change my mind on that score, I think it would say something about grace.

5.  Use some or all or a form of the following words in a sentence:   jello, kittens, mercy, dump-truck, tabuleh, terror, skipping, monkey, Rev. , health, and snoring.

It would take a dump-truck of jello to keep the kittens from sleeping in the tabbouleh; but mercy sakes, the snoring is wreaking terror upon Rev's mental health, so she is skipping straight to the Chunky Monkey ice cream.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Elaine said...

Love...love..love your random sentence. Chunky Monkey ice cream!!!!

September 13, 2013 11:31 AM  

Blogger revkjarla said...

what a fun play! full body hugs from four year olds=heaven.

September 13, 2013 4:19 PM  

Blogger Crimson Rambler said...

LOVE your "made up sentence"

October 06, 2013 7:19 PM  

Blogger Lady Anne said...

Temporary tattoos! The Squire once had to be away for a week, and I went to one of those teeny-bopper stores and purchased a set of tattoos. The Squire got into bed to the sight of a large red rose on the side of one boob. The poor man also fell out of the bed!

October 25, 2013 11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home