/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Saturday, July 26, 2008

A week in the life

This week I've spent catching up to what passes for a "normal" routine around here. The administrative stuff consisted of liturgical planning-- choosing hymns; assembling and distributing the bulletin; writing articles for the newsletter; checking with various treasurers about the status of our annual audits; monitoring the status of renovation projects at two churches; and wading through the backlog of correspondence, of course. (Have I mentioned that I sometimes have to work hard at not coveting the administrative assistance that larger congregations enjoy?)

More directly ministerial tasks included pastoral conversations with a couple of parishioners; sermon prep; pulling together a bible study for one church; and chatting with some local colleagues about upcoming events in another community.

Today is a bit different! One of our communities is having their annual summer festival, and I've been invited (along with the other area pastors) to help judge the parade entries. I love small-town parades, so this will be fun! I'll try to remember to take some pictures; if they turn out, I'll share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home