/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

This is really bizarre.

I can get into the Blogger interface, and even into my account-- hence the posting you see here. I just can't read any blogspot blogs at the moment-- not even my own. Every time I try, I get this:


Google
Error

We're sorry...

... but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, if you suspect that your computer or network has been infected, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure that your systems are free of viruses and other spurious software.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.


*********************
Update: My resident technogeek diagnosed the problem. Seems that Google must have been having Issues, which he presumes they were able to narrow down to coming from within a range of IP addresses, but not any further than that-- so they put a block on the whole range, until they can get it sorted out. Sort of like if someone discovered a phone problem was coming from somewhere in Montana, but they didn't know where, so they blocked anything with a 406 area code.

At any rate, he reset our router, which gave us a new IP address, which let me back into the Blogspot/Google playground. It's nice to have competent in-house support; thanks, hon!

1 Comments:

Blogger Susie/Nueva Cantora said...

Huh!

So, I can log into a gmail account I use online, but I can't access it from my Mail program - it says the password is wrong, even though the SAME PASSWORD logs me in via the web. Maybe its the same issue...

January 02, 2008 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home