/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Friday, January 04, 2008

Friday Five- Resolutions

From Sally at RevGalBlogPals:

Well it had to be didn't it? Love them or hate them, I bet you've been asked about New Year resolutions. So with no more fuss here is this week's Friday Five:

1. Do you make New Year resolutions?
No, not really. It's a time for pausing and taking stock, and I do that, certainly; but I don't make the formal "This year I am going to..." sorts of commitments.

2. Is this something you take seriously, or is it a bit of fun?
As I said, I don't make a big deal of it; but if someone finds the turn of the year as a motivating factor for a healthy beginning, more power to them!

3. Share one goal for 2008.
I'd like to be more intentional about the distribution of my time. Ministry has a way of bleeding over into family time; and, while sometimes that is part of this life, often I could be better about not allowing it to do so.

4. Money is no barrier, share one wild/ impossible dream for 2008
Travel--there are any number of places to go! One of my young friends is on a 6-month tour through wonderful parts of the world, on a program through her university. It's been wonderful to read her emails, and I don't envy her, exactly-- but I would love to see some of the places she's been with my own eyes.

5. Someone wants to publish a story of your year in 2008, what will the title of that book be?
Only God Knows- and God Ain't Tellin'.

6 Comments:

Blogger Di said...

Fantastic title.

January 04, 2008 10:04 AM  

Blogger Tripp Hudgins said...

I like your 4th one. I feel the same way.

January 04, 2008 10:19 AM  

Blogger Jan said...

That is such a good title for a book!

January 04, 2008 7:42 PM  

Blogger Barbara B. said...

Yes, that title is BRILLIANT! :)

January 04, 2008 11:23 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So when you all publish _Only God Knows - And God Ain't Tellin'_ do let me know -- you'll have a better idea than most of the rest of us! I came to your blog looking for fresh ideas about Julia Chester Emery -- and came away with that wonderful insight about "having a heart for the lost." Thanks! Blessings!

January 08, 2008 2:44 PM  

Blogger Jane Ellen+ said...

Thanks, folks.

And anonymous: thank you as well, for your kind words. Stop back anytime!

January 08, 2008 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home