/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Monday, July 16, 2007

Wildflowers

My near constant companion last week was a book describing Wildflowers of Montana-- a handy little guide, and loads of fun. Well, it was for me, anyway. I'm not certain those around me were so enthused.



My husband patiently endured countless stops while I looked up some new bush or flower as we wandered around.

This one is Orange Hawkweed...






... and this is Foamflower.

Overall, I identified better than two dozen wildflower species...





...and another 7 native shrubs, like this Mock Orange.


I am such a geek.

3 Comments:

Blogger Reverend Ref + said...

What??? No pancake flowers here??

July 16, 2007 6:00 PM  

Blogger Jane Ellen+ said...

Oh, of course not! Pancake art is a whole 'nother realm. I would not presume to even attempt it!

July 16, 2007 6:19 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband steams ahead on the trail when I try to botanize. The best compromise is for him to complete a loop while I try to figure out which **** yellow composite I am trying to identify.

Nice pictures BTW.

July 19, 2007 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home